When using Cloud Shell, the cloud administrator can choose between PowerShell and Bash from the menu, as depicted in the image below.
If you like to type commands instead of using the option available on the menu, then you can type bash to switch over to the Linux shell and use the commands of the platform (Items 1 and 2), and you can always do the same thing to switch to PowerShell using pwsh (Items 3 and 4).
If you want to leave the session, you can always use exit on either shell to disconnect the ongoing session.
More Quick Tips articles
- Monitor your Azure VM from your mobile device by scanning a QR code
- Using environment variables in ARM templates
- Rename Azure subscriptions and find your environments faster
- Removing root role assignments in Azure using PowerShell
- Web app not displaying your code/site? Check the path