When using Cloud Shell, the cloud administrator can choose between PowerShell and Bash from the menu, as depicted in the image below.
If you like to type commands instead of using the option available on the menu, then you can type bash to switch over to the Linux shell and use the commands of the platform (Items 1 and 2), and you can always do the same thing to switch to PowerShell using pwsh (Items 3 and 4).
If you want to leave the session, you can always use exit on either shell to disconnect the ongoing session.
More Quick Tips articles
- How to quickly check the status of all your Azure services
- Using location in a consistent way in your ARM template parameters
- Using environment as variables in your Azure DevOps pipelines
- Removing Log Analytics with the soft-delete option
- Using conditions in ARM templates when deploying infrastructure-as-code