Tasks you cannot performing using ADAC
There are a number of Active Directory management tasks you cannot perform using ADAC, such as the following:
- Delegate administrative control over Active Directory OUs and the objects they contain.
- Create and manage sites, site links, subnets and similar objects.
- Create trusts between domains or forests.
- Directly edit the configuration, schema, or application directory partitions.
To perform such tasks, you need to use the following familiar tools:
- Active Directory Users And Computers
- Active Directory Sites And Services
- Active Directory Domains And Trusts
- ADSI Edit
This tip is excerpted from my latest book Training Guide: Installing and Configuring Windows Server 2012 from Microsoft Press.
Mitch Tulloch is a nine-time recipient of the Microsoft Most Valuable Professional (MVP) award and a widely recognized expert on Windows administration, deployment and virtualization. For more information see http://www.mtit.com.