Video: Windows Server 2012 RDS Improvements
When most people think about Remote Desktop Services in Windows Server, they think low-power Terminal Services. I used to think that too; however, Windows Server 2012 has changed all that. There are a lot of new features in Windows Server 2012 around Remote Desktop Services that make things much easier for end users as well as administrators. Scale is more easily achieved, the admin can serve multiple users on a single server (Remote Desktop Session Host - a.k.a. RDSH), or the admin can deliver a single desktop image to an end user - RDS/VDI. The Remote Desktop Services Blog has several interesting videos posted that help explain some of these new features at a high level. The videos include:
- Virtual Desktop Infrastructure Overview – Summary of the value of Remote Desktop Services in Windows Server 2012
- Quick VDI Wizard – Set up a virtual machine based deployment on a single server.
- Set up an RDS VDI deployment – Set up a virtual machine-based deployment.
- Set up an RDS session deployment – Set up a session-based deployment.
- RemoteFX – Learn about the enhancements made for end user discovery and experience.