Microsoft Outlook - Force reading email to plain text
There have been email exploits based on html coding. Outlook 2002 in Office XP
Service Pack 1 adds a the capability for individual users to restrict Outlook to
read all non-digitally-signed e-mail or nonencrypted e-mail in plain text
format. The SP also allows an admin to use a policy to do the same thing for
users, groups, ...
For an individual, you can use the following registy hack:
Value: 1 disable
This registry hack effects
- the preview pane as well as open messages
- pictures become attachments to avoid their loss
- object model (custom code solutions) may behave unexpectedly
- digitally signed messages are not altered.
- How to Obtain the Latest Office XP Service Pack (Q307841)
- Outlook Keyboard ShortCuts
- Outlook 2000 Disk
- Outlook Book Tips
This tip is a Windows NT / Windows 2000 / Windows XP tip. Well I guess you
could say that. Its actually an Office XP Outlook tip.