Microsoft Azure operates in two modes; Classic and Azure Resource Manager (ARM).
- Classic is the traditional way to create cloud resources in Azure cloud.
- You manage Azure classic resources by accessing https://manage.windowsazure.com/ portal
- To access ARM mode, log on to https://portal.azure.com/ portal
- In Classic mode, every Azure resource operates as a single unit and management of resources become difficult.
- In ARM mode, every Azure resource is created in a group called “Resource Group”, which, in turn, allows management of resources as a group.
About Nirmal Sharma
Nirmal Sharma is a MCSEx3, MCITP and Microsoft MVP in Directory Services. He specializes in directory services, Microsoft Azure, Failover clusters, Hyper-V, and System Center products and has been involved with Microsoft Technologies since 1994. In his spare time, he likes to help others and share some of his knowledge by writing tips and articles on various sites and contributing to Health Packs for ADHealthProf.ITDynamicPacks.Net solutions. Nirmal can be reached at [email protected]